In compliance with the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC) Regulations (Admissions, House Job and Internship) 2016, the University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore invites applications, on prescribed Application Form, for admission to First Year MBBS and BDS programme in the following Private Sector Medical and Dental Colleges affiliated with the University (in alphabetical order) :
To First Year MBBS/BDS in
Affiliated Private Sector Medical/Dental Colleges
Private Sector Medical Colleges
1-Akhtar Saeed Medical & Dental College, Lahore
2. Amna Inayat Medical College, Sheikhupura
3. Avicenna Medical College, Lahore
4. Aziz Fatima Medical & Dental College, Faisalabad
5. Bakhtawar Amin Medical & Dental College, Multan
6. Central Park Medical College, Lahore
7. Continental Medical College, Lahore
8. FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry, Lahore
9. Independent Medical College, Faisalabad
10. Islam Medical College, Sialkot
11. Lahore Medical & Dental College, Lahore
12. Multan Medical & Dental College, Multan
13. *M.Islam Medical College, Gujranwala
14. Pak Red Crescent Medical & Dental College, Lahore
15. Rahbar Medical & Dental College, Lahore
16. Rai Medical College, Sargodha
17. Rashid Latif Medical College, Lahore
18. Sahara Medical College, Narowal
19. Shalamar Medical & Dental College, Lahore
20. Shahida Islam Medical College, Lodhran
21. Sharif Medical &Dental College, Lahore
22. Sialkot Medical College, Sialkot
23. University Medical & Dental College, University of Faisalabad, Faisalabad
Private Sector Dental Colleges
1. Dental Section, Akhtar Saeed Medical & Dental College, Lahore
2. *Dental Section, Bakhtawar Amin Medical & Dental College, Multan
3. Dental Section, FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry, Lahore
4. Dental Section, Lahore Medical & Dental College, Lahore
5. Dental Section, Multan Medical & Dental College, Multan
6. Dental Section, Sharif Medical & Dental College, Lahore
7. Dental Section, University Medical & Dental College, Faisalabad
8. Faryal Dental College, Sheikhupura
9. Islam Dental College, Sialkot
10. Margalla Institute of Health Sciences, Rawalpindi
11. *Watim Dental College, Rawalpindi
* Affiliation with University is under-process. However, these colleges are recognized by PM&DC and Federal Government.
(A) For Open Merit Seats:
(i) The applicant has passed, with at-least 60% marks (excluding Hifz-e-Quran marks etc), Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC)/FSc Premedical/Equivalent examination from Pakistan or passed an examination certified as equivalent to the above examination by Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), from a foreign university or examining body with Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics as science subjects.
(ii) The applicant has appeared in a centralized provincial or regional admission test for the current year of any province or region of Pakistan conducted by the relevant authority
for the purpose of admissions to medical and dental colleges as per PM&DC Regulations 2016.
(B) For Foreign/Overseas/Self-Finance Seats:
(i) The applicant holds a permanent foreign nationality or dual nationality or be an Overseas Pakistani student and has physically studied and passed SSC and HSSC/equivalent examination, with at-least 60 per cent marks, from outside Pakistan during his stay abroad and having a certificate from the institution last attended to this effect. His/her subjects must include Chemistry, Biology, Physics/Mathematics.
(ii) The applicant has appeared in a provincial/regional admission test for medical and dental colleges for the current year.
He/she has passed SAT II (Subject) with minimum 550/800 marks each in Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Mathematics
He/she has passed American MCAT® with minimum aggregate score of 24/45 (498/528)
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
1) The candidates shall apply as per notified schedule on a prescribed Application Form available on UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk.
(2) The candidates shall submit duly filled Application Form at the University of Health Sciences Lahore, Nishtar Medical University, Multan and Rawalpindi Medial University, Rawalpindi alongwith a bank draft of Rs.1000/- (Processing Fee Non-Refundable) and the attested copies of the following documents/certificates from November 18th to November 30th, from 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM.
(i) Three attested copies of Matriculation (SSC) result card/certificate. Candidate having foreign qualifications shall provide the attested copies of Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC alongwith the transcripts issued by the examining body.
(ii) Three attested copies of HSSC/FSc Premedical result card/certificate. Candidate having foreign qualifications shall provide the attested copies of the Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC alongwith the transcripts issued by the examining body.
(iii) Three copies (not to be attested) of provincial/regional admission test result card. The candidates applying for Foreign/Overseas seats can also provide the attested copies of SAT II / MCAT® scores in lieu of provincial/regional admission test scores.
(iv) Three attested copies of the domicile of the candidate. Candidates applying for Foreign/Overseas seats shall provide the attested copies of their valid Foreign and Pakistani passport respectively. Dual Nationality holders can also provide the copies of NIC/NICOP/POC in lieu of their Pakistani passport.
(v) Four recent colour photograph of the candidate (4.5cm high x 3.5cm wide). One to be attested on the front and other three on the back.
(vi) The candidates whose date of birth is not mentioned on their Matriculation or equivalent certificate, shall have to provide their Birth Certificate issued by a relevant authority.
(3) (i) When filling out the application, every applicant has to rank the medical and dental colleges in order of preference, starting with his/her first choice. In other words, all eligible candidates are allowed to list up the full names of medical and dental colleges in the order that they would like to be considered for admission.
ii) The order of preferences once given shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently. This condition is mandatory and neither any subsequent change is entertainable nor any exceptions will be made.
(iii) Starting with the first preference, applicants will be assessed and ranked according to the merit for each college. A computerized matching process will allocate applicants meeting the minimum merit requirements a place to the highest listed preference for which they are eligible.
(iv) Once offered a place to the highest listed preference, an applicant cannot demand admission to a college named lower in his/her preferred list.
(v) An applicant, under no circumstances, shall be considered for a college, he/she has not named in his/her order of preferences. The Admitting Authority shall not assign a college by itself if the alternate choices are not indicated.
(vi) Applicants are advised not to name their preferred college repeatedly in every space on the Admission Form. Similarly, it is also pointless to name only one college. In either case, the applicant will receive a single place on the list for that college and it will not increase the chances of his/her being allocated a seat in that particular college.
(4) One candidate can submit one Application Form only. There is no need to submit separate form for MBBS, BDS for various categories of seats.
(5) The University shall display the merit lists on its website (www.uhs.edu.pk) as per schedule to be notified separately.
(6) The selected candidate must join his/her college for which he/she in selected after submitting the due fee within Seven (07) days of display of the merit list after which his/her admission shall stand cancelled automatically.
(7) Only those selected candidates who will join their respective colleges will be considered for betterment/up-gradation in the subsequent round depending on the availability of vacant seats. The betterment/up-gradation herein means the higher preference exercised by the candidate. The shift in such up-gradation shall be compulsory and mandatory. No request for mutual transfer or status retention or down-gradation shall be entertained.
FEE STRUCTURE :
The selected candidates shall have to deposit the fee as specified in PM&DC Regulations 2016.
Duly filled Admission Form, complete in all respects, can be submitted by hand only before the closing date.
(2) Incomplete Application Forms will be rejected. Forms once submitted shall not be returned. No Application Form or any other document shall be accepted after the last date for submission of application.
(3) For details regarding the facilities, number of seats, etc, please visit the website of relevant college.
(4) The merit shall be calculated according to PM&DC weightage formula, i.e.,:
SSC/Equivalent – 10 %
HSSC/Equivalent – 40%
Admission Test – 50%
(5) The detail of the formula is available on UHS website: www.uhs.edu.pk.
(6) The scores of SAT II/MCAT® shall be valid for two years. For this year, the results announced before 30th November, 2015 and after 30th November, 2017 shall not be acceptable. Scores of MDCAT® are valid for one year, i.e., only the scores of MDCAT 2017 (Re-conduct) shall be acceptable for admission in the current session.
(7) For further information please contact :
Ph: 042-99231305-9, UAN: 111-33-33-66, Fax: 042-99230870, website: www.uhs.edu.pk
University of Health Sciences Lahore Khayaban-e-Jamia Punjab, Lahore-54600
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2017 Latest Updates: