in Medical / Dental Institutions of the Punjab
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS) about MDCAT 2017
Q1-I have passed my HSSC Pre-Medical/Equivalent examination. How can I get admission to a government (Public Sector) medical/dental college in Punjab?
Q :What is the eligibility criterion for appearing in the Admission Test?
Who conducts the Provincial Admission Test and how many times in a year this test is arranged?
What is the pass percentage/marks of Admission Test?
There is no pass/fail criterion for Admission Test. the University declares the marks which a candidate secures in the test. He/she is not declared pass or fail.
What is the format and syllabus of the test? How can I prepare for this Admission Test?
Admission Test is a two and a half hours (150 minutes) paper based test that is offered once a year. It consists of a question paper containing 220 multiple-choice questions – four options with single best answer – divided in to four (04) sections, namely:
(i) Biology – (88 MCQs)
(ii) Chemistry – (58 MCQs)
(iii) Physics – (44 MCQs)
(iv) English (General) – (30 MCQs)
Is there any negative marking in the test?
How can I register for the test? Is online registration available?
Where the test is offered?
Is the Admission Test conducted by UHS is also mandatory for admission to private sector medical/dental colleges?
Who can appear in the Admission Test of the Punjab?
How many colleges/institutes an there in public sector which offer MBBA and BDS?
The following 17 government institutions offer 5-Year degree in MBBS:
1. Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
2. Ameer-ud-Din Medical College, Lahore
3. Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore
4. Ghazi Khan Medical College, Dera Ghazi Khan
5. Gujranwala Medical College, Gujranwala
6. Khawaja Muhammad Safdar College, Sialkot
7. King Edward Medical University, Lahore
8. Nawaz Sharif Medical College, University of Gujrat
9. Nishtar Medical College, Multan (Now Nishtar Medical University)
10. Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad (Now Faisalabad Medical University)
11. Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur
12. Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi (Now Rawalpindi Medical University)
13. Sahiwal Medical College, Sahiwal
14. Sargodha Medical College, University of Sargodha
15. Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Lahore
16. Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Medical & Dental College, Lahore
17. Sheikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan.
The following 03 public institutes offer 4-Year BDS programme:
1. de’Montmorency College of Dentistry, Lahore
2. Nishtar Institute of Dentistry, Multan
3. Dental Section Faisalabad Medical University, Faisalabad
Find out all Questions and Answers Here
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2017 Latest Updates: