UHS Syllabus of 3rd Year MBBS ( 3rd Professional Examination). The Syllabus of 3rd Year MBBS or Second Professional MBBS ( OLD Nomenclature)
(B) PHARMACOLOGY AND THERAPEUTICS
(C) FORENSIC MEDICINE AND TOXICOLOGY
(D) BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCES
(Syllabus published with the curriculum of first professional
M.B.B.S. Part-I and II).
Syllabus of 3rd Year MBBS
1) General Pharmacology:
1. Definition of pharmacology, objectives of learning pharmacology,
definition of drug and drug nomenclature.
2. Branches/divisions of pharmacology.
3. Sources of drugs.
4. Active principles of drugs and pharmacopoeias.
5. Dosage forms and doses of drugs.
6. Route of drug administration.
7. Absorption of drugs and processes involved in drug absorption.
8. Factors modifying absorption of drugs.
9. Transport of drugs across cell-membrane.
10. Bio-availability, its clinical significance and factors affecting bioavailability.
11. Drug reservoirs, distribution and redistribution of drugs, plasma protein
12. Pro-drug, bio-transformation of drugs, enzyme induction, enzyme
inhibition and entero-hepatic circulation.
13. Plasma half-life of drugs, steady state concentration, its clinical
importance and factors affecting it.
14. Excretion of drugs.
15. Mechanism of drug action.
16. Dose response curves, structure-activity relationship.
17. Factors modifying action and doses of drugs.
18. Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and receptors.
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2016 Latest Updates: