Wah Medical College Wah Cantt. MBBS Admissions 2016-17 are open for the session 2016-17.
MBBS Admissions 2016-17
- Applications for admission to the First year MBBS class are invited through advertisement in the leading National and International Dailies well before the start of academic session. The Admission schedule and Examination kit including admission form is also available at WMC website.
- The college prospectus costs Rs. 2000/- (within Pakistan) and US $40 (outside Pakistan).
- The Prospectus is supplied with application kit and it includes instructions, fee structure, fee refund rules, procedure & other relevant details. It may be obtained from the college office on cash payment of Rs. 2000 in person, or by courier service / post on receipt of Bank Draft / Pay order of Rs.2200/- or US $42 in favour of Principal Wah Medical College.
- The application kit can be downloaded from College website.
- The non-refundable application processing fee for applicants residing in Pakistan is Rupees 4500/- and US $60/- for overseas/foreign applicants.
- A bank draft / pay order payable at NBP Wah Cantt in the name of the Principal Wah Medical College, for Rs.4500/- for Pakistani residents and US $60 for overseas/foreign applicants must be attached with application form as processing fee.
- In case application form is down loaded from WMC website, bank draft / pay order payable at NBP Wah Cantt in the name of Principal Wah Medical College, for Rs.6500/- for Pakistani Residents and US $100 for overseas/foreign applicants will be attached with application to cover the processing fee and cost of the prospectus. The prospectus will be provided later on when demanded.
- Cheques and postal orders are not acceptable. Please do not send cash with postal requests.
- Foreign candidates seeking admission in Wah Medical College are required to submit applications through their Embassy/High Commission in Pakistan along with application fee.
- Applications are accepted as per the published admission schedule. No application without Entrance test result certificate (For Pakistani Students) or SAT II/MCAT (For Foreign Students only) is entertained under any circumstances.
- Duly filled application form including the documents specified in Step-1 of the Instructions Slip (placed in the Application Kit) and the pay order/bank draft for application processing fee should be posted by registered mail or through a reliable courier service or delivered in person to the college office at WMC from Monday to Friday between 9.00 AM. to 3.00 PM. only.
Timeline for Admission in MBBS Session 2016/2017
|Last date for Receipt of Applications
||8th November 2016
|Display of Merit List
||10th November 2016
|Commencement of classes
||1st December 2016
Note: Selected candidates will be informed by phone/email/in writing (letter) and 03 working days will be given to submit the college dues. If college dues are not submitted by the candidate during specified period, next candidate on merit list will be offered admission in the college.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS LOCAL / FOREIGN CANDIDATES
FOR LOCAL PAKISTANI STUDENTS:
- The candidate should have passed F.Sc Examination (Pre Medical) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani University or an equivalent examination of Board of Secondary Education in Pakistan.
- The candidate has passed an examination higher than the F.Sc of a Pakistani University with Biological Sciences provided he/she has passed the Intermediate Science (F.Sc. Examination) (Medical Group) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani university or an equivalent examination of a Board of Secondary Education in Pakistan.
- The candidate has passed any other examination of a foreign university or examining body which contains the subjects declared as essential by the PM&DC in scope and standard, is found equivalent upon certification by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) to F.Sc (Pre-Medical) with 60% marks from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan. The marks/grades must be equivalent to or more than 60 % as equated by IBCC. Address of the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, is Plot No. 25,Street 38, G10/4, Near Federal Govt. Employees Housing Foundation (FGEHF), Islamabad, Phone: (051)9330251
FOR FOREIGN / OVERSEAS STUDENTS:
- The candidate who has passed an examination equivalent to intermediate level of Pakistan after study abroad from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with three subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential with 60% marks in each as certified by IBCC to be equivalent to F.Sc. / HSSC/ intermediate. The equivalence by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible for admission in the MBBS course with any study group whichever the IBCC may write.
- The candidate shall have to appear in the NUMS/UHS entrance test or in lieu of the entrance test, the candidate is required to have passed SAT-II examination with minimum score of 550 marks in each of the three subjects of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry or MCAT with a minimum aggregate score of 24.
- The candidate is required to present a valid TOEFL or IELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5, only if the medium of instruction of study two years prior to application for admission/entrance test is not English. An alternate to TOEFL and IELTS is a certification by NUML Islamabad after a one year English language course.
NOTE : The admissions on foreign seats will only be allowed to the applicants having foreign credentials including valid passports.(Ref : PM&DC letter No 12-F-2015/Council-2015/284057 dated 11 Nov 2015)
MERIT COMPUTATION FOR ADMISSION/SELECTION PROCESS
Matric / Equivalent – 10 %
F.Sc / Equivalent – 40 %
NUMS Entry Test – 50 %
SAT-II / MCAT for foreign students only
- Appearing in NUMS (National University of Medical Sciences) entry test is MANDATORY for admission as local student of MBBS in WAH MEDICAL COLLEGE. UHS entrance test is acceptable in lieu of NUMS entrance test for this year only.
- SAT-II exam will not be taken as a substitute of NUMS entry test for local students of MBBS.
- Foreign students can compete for admission in MBBS on the basis of SAT-II Exam / MCAT / NUMS / UHS entry test.
- NUMS Entry Test will be conducted by NTS twice on 7th August 2016 and 18th September 2016. A candidate may appear in either or both entry tests and can submit the best score for merit computation for admission in Wah Medical College.
- Last date for registration for NUMS entry test:
NUMS Entry Test Last date for Registration with NTS
7th August 2016 test – 15th July 2016
18th September 2016 – 26th August 2016
- NUMS Entry Test Fee is Rs. 3000/- (Rupee Three Thousand only). Entry Test application forms, entry test fee deposit slip and relevant details will be available online at National Testing Service website (nts.org.pk) for downloading.
- There is no age limit for admission in MBBS course.
- Admission process will start in September 2016 after result of Second NUMS Entry Test.
- Syllabus for NUMS Entry test can be obtained here
Download Application Form
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2017 Latest Updates: