Admissions open at FMH college of medicine and dentistry in MBBS and BDS for 2014-15. The details of Admissions are as follows :
How to apply at FMH CM&D
1. Purchase a prospectus to apply for MBBS program or BDS program.
2. Pay Rs. 4,000/- (Prospectus fee and Aptitude Test Fee) for one program only or Rs. 8,000/- for both programmes at the counter or send pay order / Bank Draft in favour of “FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry” or pay through Easy Paisa.
4. Login Admission form by entering serial no. and password provided at the time of purchase of prospectus.
5. Fill all the fields correctly and select Aptitude Test date and time in available slots as per your choice and read disclaimer statement before submitting the online admission form.
6. After submission of online admission form no change will be acceptable in any case.
7. Click and print the admit card and bring with you on the day of the Aptitude Test. The Aptitude Test will be held at FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry.
8. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to provide true and accurate information at the time of filling the online admission form. Any wrong and false information provided can lead to the cancellation of the submitted application.
9. Successful candidates will be informed by the Student Affairs Department of FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry regarding submission of admission and tuition fee by the due date.
10. If the college dues are not paid within due dates, the name of defaulting candidate will be struck off from the selected list and the seat will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
- The selection decisions are final, irrevocable and non-negotiable. The College authorities are not bound to explain the reason for their decision to the applicant, their parents, guardians, relatives or friends.
- No personnel (Principal, Faculty, Consultants or any other Employee) in FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry nor any of its Partner Institutes can ensure student admission in any discipline offered.
- Prospectus for Admission in MBBS/BDS are available from September 1, 2014 and can be purchased from FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry, Shadman, Lahore.
- Online Admission Form for MBBS/BDS will be available after the declaration of UHS Entry Test Result.
The candidates applying for admission against any category of seat must have passed the F.Sc (Pre Medical) examination from a Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 60% unadjusted marks (660/1100).
Passed an examination of Foreign University/Board which in scope and standard is found equivalent to the F.Sc (Pre Medical) examination of Pakistan subject to the following:
- The examination is recognized as equivalent to F.Sc (Pre Medical) by the IBCC. It shall be responsibility of the candidates to settle their cases with IBCC and should get equivalence certificate from IBCC, Islamabad only for recognition of their qualification The equivalence certificate must be attached with the application form before the closing date.
- Provisional equivalence certificate issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) shall only be entertained for the Entrance Test and not for Admissions.
- The candidates has obtained marks equivalent to unadjusted 60% of F.Sc total marks (660/1100) according to the formula laid down by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Islamabad.
- The equivalent certificate of such candidate will not be accepted if he/she has not studied and passed the subjects of chemistry Biology and Physics/ Mathematics in his/her 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Grade/’O’ or ‘A’ level or other equivalent examination recognized by the IBCC. He/ She must have passed English as a subject at ’O’ or ‘A’ level.
- Only the Converted Marks Certificates issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen will be accepted. The Equivalence of marks will be on the basis of a certificate issued by IBCC.
- For further information
Secretary IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen) House No.342, Street No.97, Sector-G-9/4 Islamabad.
Regional Office at (BISE) Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, 86 Mozang Road, Lahore, Punjab. Ph:
APTITUDE TEST/ INTERVIEW
- The candidates who fulfill the minimum academic requirement for admission are short listed through aptitude test/interview.
- The entry test comprises Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English for applicants.
All candidates must provide evidence of non-infectivity with Hepatitis B and C, as well as immunization against Hepatitis B before they are permitted to register with the FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry at the beginning of the course. There are no exceptions to this requirement. Any student with physical disabilities, which may hamper the candidate’s ability to practice dentistry, may not be considered for admission.
CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN APPLICANTS
No admission shall be given without an entry test or SAT II score of 550 marks. Only those Pakistani national students and foreigners, who have obtained the required qualifications, for the entry test from abroad, shall be eligible for admission on the foreign seats and shall either have to appear in the entry test or present the UHS, the requisite SAT score. The students who are residing abroad or who have achieved their qualifications required for the entry test from abroad shall be eligible for being considered for admission on the normal seats and shall be eligible to appear in the entry test if they have passed three science subjects out of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
The candidates having minimum SAT II score of 550 marks shall be exempted from the entry test and shall be required to appear only in the interview. TOFEL or IELTS score of 500 or 5.5 shall be required from the students who have obtained their required qualifications from those institutions where the medium of instruction for these qualifications is not English.
An alternate to TOFEL and IELTS is a certification by NUML Islamabad after a one-year English language Course.
FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry is one of the leading institutions of the province and the country. The College has a purpose built campus located in Shadman, in the heart of Lahore. It is located adjacent to the Fatima Memorial Hospital in a purpose built campus. The College of Medicine and Dentistry facilities comprise of spacious Dissection Hall, Multi-Disciplinary Laboratories (MDLs) furnished with up to date apparatus, Departmental Museums equipped with latest specimens and mannequins for the training of students, Departmental Libraries, Lecture Halls with 100 to 150 seating capacity, fully air conditioned and equipped with modern teaching aids including multimedia, public address system and overhead projectors, two Conference Halls, Small Group Discussion/Tutorial rooms.
The learning resource center consists of a Library and a state of the art fully air-conditioned Computer lab with one hundred (100)-computer workstations providing all facilities essential for the students, faculty and staff. High speed Internet connectivity as well as online research journals availability is just a few of the facilities available in this computer lab. Latest editions of the textbooks and reference books as well as journals are available in the Library for the guidance of students and faculty. The Computer Lab and the library remain open till 10:00 p.m.
The Principal’s office and its secretariat are located on the fourth floor while the Student Affairs office and reception are located at 2nd Floor of the College building. Offices for all staff members along with a host of other necessary spaces have been provided. Gen. Atiq-ur-Rehman auditorium is located in the hospital building, which is fully air-conditioned and equipped with basic and advanced technical support.
Spacious cafeteria is run under the supervision of qualified nutritionist. An air-conditioned mosque is also present within the premises.
Few careers have shown the level of dynamic growth in demand as Dentistry has in Pakistan over the last few decades. Indeed, the challenges of the future are equally daunting and the student of dentistry faces extremely diversified technological advancements in all sub specialties of dentistry. Fatima Memorial System recognized the necessity of modern scientific training of the dentists and has established the Dental College to meet the essential requirements.
FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry offers the degree of Bachelors in Dental Surgery (BDS). Since its establishment in December 2001, the College of Dentistry has made rapid progress.
The College of Dentistry is recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and is affiliated with the University of Health Sciences. The qualification of graduating dentists is internationally recognized and they can pursue careers as well as further studies for post- graduate qualifications abroad.
The dental curriculum is drafted such that the initial two years are pre- clinical’ followed by two ‘clinical years’. An orientation course is carried out at the beginning of each academic year to equivalent the newly admitted students with the requirements and objective they are expected to achieve over the next years. The respective departments of the College of Medicine teach basic medical subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Pathology.
The purpose built departments of medical sciences are well equipped and manned by highly qualified and experienced teachers. Pre-clinical dental practical training is imparted to the students in well-equipped Prosthodontics, Phantom Head, Oral Anatomy and Oral Pathology Laboratories Right from the start efforts are made to develop knowledge based clinical skills so as to achieve integration of the curriculum set by the University of Health Sciences. This helps to improve the practical application of knowledge and improves the recall memory of the students. Unlike in the past, whereby basic and clinical sciences were spaced by a few years, the newly designed curriculum helps to achieve a better transition from basic to the clinical sciences. The transition is greatly facilitated by pre-clinical year demonstrations and introduction to clinical techniques before the actual onset of clinical training.
Dentistry is primarily a surgical discipline that requires most of the procedures to be carried out under local anesthesia. Handling of conscious patients requires strong moral and ethical practices. The recent introduction of Behavioral Sciences in the undergraduate dental curriculum has greatly improved the understanding of the upcoming dentists about matters related to patient management. Students can better appreciate the necessity of strong ethical and moral values vis-à-vis handling of patients.
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2017 Latest Updates: