CMH Lahore Medical and Institute of Dentistry MBBS/BDS Admissions 2014-15
Admissions for the academic session due to commence in November 2014 are open to all Pakistani and eligible foreign students for 5 years MBBS and 4 years BDS courses. Admissions will be made on merit determined according to the marks obtained in Metric & F.Sc./equivalent exams, Provincial/Federal entry tests and College Aptitude Test as per following weightage:-
*Appearing in Provincial/Federal entry test (as per the applicability) is MANDATORY for all local candidates, even if they have qualified SAT-II/American MCAT.
**Candidates who qualify SAT-II examination score with a minimum 550 marks in each of the three science subjects of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry (third subject can be either physics or mathematics) or American MCAT with a minimum aggregate score of 24, are also eligible to apply. In such cases SAT-II or American MCAT will carry a weightage of 50% in merit calculation.
Students seeking admission on foreign seats are also encouraged to appear in Provincial/Federal Entry Test and College Aptitude Test, even if they have qualified SAT-II/American MCAT.
Merit calculation for admission will automatically utilize the higher marks either from Provincial/Federal Entry Test + College Aptitude test “or” Sat-II/ American MCAT.
Decision by the Selection Panel would be final.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (PAKISTANI + FOREIGN STUDENT)
F.Sc./qualification equivalent to F.Sc. from a foreign university or foreign education system with three science subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects with a minimum of 660/1100 i.e. 60% marks in aggregate (without marks of NCC or Hifz-e-Quran). The third subject can either be Physics or Mathematics. The equivalence of IBCC will be accepted in aggregate.
1. Pakistani National Students :-
The term Pakistani means any person having Pakistani nationality.
2. Foreign Student :-
The term Foreign means:-
• Foreign national and Pakistani having dual nationality/resident status.. Or
• Pakistani national student who has passed an examination equivalent to intermediate level of Pakistan from a foreign university or examination body or foreign education system.
There is no minimum or maximum age limits for admission in MBBS/BDS Course. Due to the particular nature and demand of the profession a candidate should posses adequate mental and physical health.
If the medium of instruction of study two years prior to application for admission/entry test is not English the candidates will be required to present a valid TOEFL or IELT with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5.
A student who has availed four chances to clear the first professional MBBS/BDS exam and has been expelled on that account, shall NOT be eligible for continuation of medical/dental studies and shall NOT be eligible for fresh admission.
Qualification Equivalent to F.Sc.
American High School Diploma and A level students should submit Equivalence Certificate of IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen) at the time of submission of the application form. No Equivalence Certificate will be accepted after the date of submission of application. A provisional certificate by IBCC is also acceptable for initial submission of application form. Certificates can be obtained from the following offices:-
Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, FBISE Building, Sector H-8/4, Islamabad
Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Regional Office at Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, 86 Mozang Road, Lahore.
Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Regional Office at Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Bekhtiari Youth Center, North Nazimabad, Karachi.
Moreover information about admission can also be obtained through email:[email protected] or from the following telephone numbers +92-42-36605550-51, fax number +92-42-36605550
The selection process comprises of Entry Test of UHS, Aptitude Test of CMH Lahore Medical College and Interview.
U.H.S Entry Test
This test is conducted by the University of Health Sciences Lahore basically for selection of candidates for admission into the public sector medical colleges of Punjab. Entry test of Federal Government and other provinces is also acceptable. No result / amendment will be accepted after the last date of submission of application form
College Aptitude Test
It is a competitive test conducted by CMH Lahore Medical College. This test will be held tentatively in November 2014
Exact date, time and venue will be intimated through nationwide news papers and our college website well before time.
Test will be based on multiple choice format, based on concepts of science / general subjects already taught in F.Sc. / A Level and General Intelligence. The result of the college aptitude test will be displayed on the college notice board and website (www.cmhlahore.edu.pk). Results will not be sent by mail.
(Note: For any last minute change in date/time and venue please visit the college website at least 2 x days before the exam date announced earlier)
Candidates short listed on the basis of merit will be called for interview. The purpose of the interview is to evaluate the personality of the applicant and the motivation level to become a doctor. However, interview will have no effect on merit, calculated as per laid down criteria
Confirmation of Admission
Admission of the selected students will be confirmed only after they have deposited the college admission, tuition and other fees as prescribed, within specific days of announcement of the result. If a seat is not confirmed by due date, it will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list. Once a student is admitted in the college, his Matric, F.Sc, and other certificates will be verified from respective board by UHS. If the documents are found incorrect, the admission will be cancelled and the fees/ dues will not be refunded. In case of students with same merit position, preference will be given to the student who will be elder in age.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
• The college prospectus with a unique Application Reference Number (ARN) can be collected from the Summit Bank, Day Building, Abdur Rehman Road, Lahore Cantt. The date /period for collection of prospectus will be advertised in nationwide newspaper and on college website. It will not be dispatched viamail.
There are separate prospectus for MBBS and BDS courses and for foreign and local candidates in each course.
• The price of Prospectus / Aptitude test fee/ Admission Process fee for local student is Rs. 3000/- and Rs.11000/- for foreign students.
• Admission forms of Applicants will not be processed without payment of the Price of Prospectus/ Aptitude test fee/ Admission Process fee.
• The summary of Payment for Prospectus/ Aptitude test fee/ Admission Process fee and mode of payment is as under:
|Collection of Prospectus / Payment
|Summit Bank, Day Building
Abdur Rehman Road
• Filling the Application Form
• Purchase the College Prospectus with a specific Application Reference Number (ARN) for the desired course i.e. MBBS or BDS Applicants can simultaneously compete for MBBS and BDS Courses. In such case, however two separate prospectuses (MBBS & BDS) will have to be purchased and two application forms will be filledusing two separate ARN, one from MBBS prospectus and the other from BDS prospectus.
• The Admission Application Form can be filled online at your own by following the instructions at college website “www.cmhlahore.edu.pk” or at the college admission office by yourself or with assistance of admission office staff for those who find difficulty in online submission.
• The candidate must clearly mention only one category Pakistani / Foreign to compete. In case of selecting more than one category or applying for both the categories, the candidate will be considered for Pakistani category only. Once enrolled by the college in a category of local / foreign student, the category cannot be changed throughout the course.
• Last date of submission of Application will be intimated through nationwide news papers/ college website. Change of date, if any, will be intimated through the college website / nationwide newspapers.
No amendment in the results/ data entered will be accepted after last date of submission of application. Results received after the closing date of submission of application will not be entertained.
• The applicant/Guardian will be required to sign a “Declaration” confirming that the information provided in the Application Form by him / her is correct.
• Admit Cards allowing entry to the aptitude test cannot be printed without filling out all the columns of the application form and uploading 1 x color photo image in JPG format. Applicants finding difficulty in opening the online form or uploading the photo image are requested to approach college admission office for the needful.
• ADMIT CARDS WILL NOT BE SENT BY TCS / MAIL. However ADMIT CARDS CAN BE PRINTED ONLINE from the college website using your ARN. The candidates competing for Army seats of W & R in MBBS / BDS course must collect their admit cards from the college admission office in person.
Aptitude Test Instructions
You will be provided with a copy of these instructions before the test as well. Please read them carefully
• Separate instructions for each section are given at the beginning of that section.
• You will be provided with a test booklet (multiple choices questions), a separated printed answer sheet and rough work sheet; all rough work must be done on the rough work sheet.
• You should not continue to write after the invigilator asks you to stop writing.
• You should not mark answers on the test booklet. Answer marked on the test booklet will not be evaluated.
• Before starting the test, you should write your admit card number, your name, and test booklet numbers on test answer sheet.
• Multiple choices will be given for each question; choose the most appropriate answers.
• You should shade the block for the appropriate answer with a black ball pen. You should be sure of your choice before shading the square on the answer sheet. Any crossing or multi shading will be treated as a wrong answer. Failure to comply with instructions will disqualify you. The square should be completely shaded.
• You are encouraged to answer all questions.
• There will be no negative marking.
• There are 100 questions in all and these are numbered serially from 01 to 100.
• You may decide to leave a question answered and plan to return to it later. Please remember the following:-
– Return to the question you left unanswered before the time ends.
– It is easy to miss sequential order of your answer by leaving blank space on the answer sheet for the unanswered questions. For example, you have answered question from 1-10 and you are not sure of the answer to question 11. You want to leave it blank to return to it later but want to answer question 12 first. Here it is possible that you may wrongly place the answer for question no. 12 in the square for question no. 11. Please make sure that you don’t make this mistake.
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2017 Latest Updates: