Admissions open for B.Des/BS 4 year degree program
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Leather Accessories and footwear
- Furniture design and Manufacture
- Fashion marketing
PIFD admissions open from 21st July to 20th August, 2014.
|PIFD admissions open fromÂ 21st July to 20th August, 2014.
Office Timing: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
For further queries contact us at 042-35315401-08
PIFD â€“ Federally Chartered Public Sector Institute:
Established in 1995 as Pakistan School of Fashion Design (PSFD), it was a pioneering venture to impart globally competitive education in fashion design. In due course of evolution, it was reconstituted as Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD) and was granted Charter by the Government of Pakistan through PIFD Act 2011.
PIFD is now a premier institute comprising of the following Faculties/Schools and Departments:
- Faculty/School of Fashion Design
Department of Fashion Design
- Faculty/School of Fashion Marketing and Promotion
Department of Marketing and Merchandising
Department of Media Studies
- Faculty/School of Textile Design
Department of Textile Design
- Faculty/School of Accessories and Products
Department of Jewellery Design and Gemological Sciences
Department of Furniture Design and Manufacture
Department of Leather Accessories and Footwear
- Notice for Â Admissions is advertised in July/August on PIFD’s website and in all major local newspapers, specifying a deadline for submission of applications for various programs.
- Application Forms/Prospectus can be obtained from the Institute on payment of prescribed fee in cash of by post against bank draft in favor of Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design.
- Application Forms can also be downloaded from website www.pifd.edu.pk. Candidates applying through downloaded form will submit their applications along with Cash / proof of online payment of prescribed feeÂ in A/C.No. 22167900286001 (HBL, Johar Town Branch, Lahore).
- Intermediate with 50% marks (550/1100) or A-Levels with minimum 3 full subjects (not subsidiary). Applicants awaiting results are given conditional acceptance.
- Equivalence Certificates issued by IBCC for examinations other than FA/ FSc. are required at the time of interview.
- Compulsory Aptitude Test in English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Drawing and Creative Skills followed by Interview.
- Aptitude Test and interviews are conducted at PIFD Lahore. For candidates opting to appear at Karachi, Quetta, Peshawar and Islamabad, the Aptitude Test and the interviews are arranged at places communicated along with Roll Number Slip.
- Final Merit List is displayed simultaneously on Notice Board and PIFD website.
- Admissions are based on merit. Seats are allotted on the basis of merit and following provincial quota:
|Punjab including Federal Area of Islamabad
|Sindh including Karachi (Rural 60%, Urban 40% )
|Azad Jammu & Kashmir
|Gilgit Baltistan/ FATA
|Admission Fee Foundation
|Tuition Fee Per Semester
|Medical Fee Per Semester
|Workshop/Library Fee Per Semester
|Examination Fee Per Semester
Note:Â Fee once paid is non- refundable except for Library Security which is refundable
Current Hostel Charges:
- Hostel charges @ Rs. 13,000 per month (Furnished with A.C). In case of usage of A.C, actual bills for the months of April, May and June, will be divided on the number of students in the hostel.
- T.V and refrigerator Common.
- Hostel charges Rs. 7,500 per month (Furnished without A.C)
- Hostel mess charges will be determined and collected by Warden.
- Transport @ Rs. 4,000 per month.
|Besides some personal considerations, YOUR choice for pursuing world class design education in Pakistan should be PIFD which:
- Is the premier Institute for fashion and design education in Pakistan.
- Is a Federally Chartered Public Sector Institute which awards HEC recognized degree.
- Imparts technical expertise as an integral segment of holistic learning.
- Offers multiple disciplines encompassing fashion, textile, marketing, leather accessories and footwear, gems and jewellery, furniture, multimedia and ceramics.
- ProvidesÂ International exposure in France, Sweden, Thailand, UK,USA, Italy and India, etc. through structured workshops, trainings and participation in international events/exhibitions.
- Turns outÂ graduates who are the most preferred for absorption in the job market.
- Produces graduates with almost 100% employment ratio.
- Has Trailblazers among its Alumni pursuing challenging and illustrious careers within and outside Pakistan.
- Offers design education in Pakistan which is globally competitive yet affordable.
- Offers Financial Aid which is admissible w. e. f. Second Semester subject to prescribed criteria.
- Has a purpose built campus equipped with state of the art studios, workshops, labs and lecture halls which cater for the specific requirements of design education.
|The student life at PIFD is full of activity and fun. Academic routine may occasionally be stressful at PIFD. Students are therefore encouraged to take part in co-curricular activities to refresh themselves for curricular pursuits. These include local and foreign study trips, industrial visits, movie nights, social BBQs and bonfires, funfairs, welcome and farewell parties and spring festivals.
Limited facilities for different sports are provided within the newly built campus. These include a basketball court, table tennis and soccer.
The environment at the campus is conducive for the students to interact and assist each other in a cordial and friendly manner.
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2017 Latest Updates: