University of Health Sciences has Â officiallyÂ Â announced the date for MCAT 2014 . The Medical Colleges Admissions Test for session 2014-15 will be held on Sunday 31 August 2014 all over the Punjab. MCAT is necessary for Admissions in MBBS/BDS in all Govt sector Â and Private sector Medical colleges.
Check Â Schedule of Orientation Seminars 2014 Date and Location
Check Admissions and Merit Lists Schedule
The detail of Entry Test for 2014 are given below:-
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â MBBS/BDS Admissions
Government Medical and Dental Institutions of the PunjabÂ
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Session 2014-15
The University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore declares the admissions open to Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programmes in public sector medical and dental institutions of the Punjab for the Session 2014-15. The process will be as follows:
i.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The University shall conduct an Entrance Test, on behalf of the Government of the Punjab, for admission to MBBS/BDS programme onÂ Sunday, 31st August, 2014. The test shall start at 09:00 A.M. sharp. It will be simultaneously arranged in the following cities:
|Bahawalpur , Multan, Rahim Yar Khan and D.G. Khan.
||Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Sargodha and Sialkot.
||Rawalpindi and Hassan Abdal.
ii-As per the Regulations of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), it isÂ mandatoryÂ for a candidate desirous of admission to anyÂ public or privateÂ medical / dental college of the province, to appear in the said test.
iii-The candidates having domicile of any district of Punjab, Federal Capital Area (Islamabad), Gilgit-Baltistan and Dual National Pakistanis/Foreign Nationals can appear in the test.
iv-Required qualifications for the appearance in the test is Intermediate Science (HSSC/FSc) Pre-Medical Group or equivalent examination with at-least 60 per cent (660/1100) unadjusted marks. However, those awaiting result can appear in the test on provision of a â€˜Hope Certificateâ€™ issued by the Head of their institution .
v-The 150-minutes (2Â½ hours) test shall consist of a single question paper containing 220 multiple choice questions of total 1100 marks, divided into four sections:
i.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Physics (44 MCQs)
ii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Chemistry (58 MCQs)
iii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â English (General) (30 MCQs)
iv.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Biology (88 MCQs)
vi.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The Entrance Test Kit containing the Information Booklet, Application Form and Admittance Cards will be available as per given schedule at the following institutions on payment of Rs.500/- in cash:
oÂ Â Â Â The University of Health Sciences Lahore
oÂ Â Â Â King Edward Medical University, Lahore
oÂ Â Â Â Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
oÂ Â Â Â Fatima Jinnah Medical College, Lahore (for women only)
oÂ Â Â Â Nishtar Medical College, Multan
oÂ Â Â Â Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur
oÂ Â Â Â Sheikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan
oÂ Â Â Â Ghazi Khan Medical College, D.G. Khan
oÂ Â Â Â Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi
oÂ Â Â Â Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad
oÂ Â Â Â Sargodha Medical College, Sargodha
oÂ Â Â Â Nawaz Sharif Medical College, Gujrat
oÂ Â Â Â Sahiwal Medical College, Sahiwal
oÂ Â Â Â Khawaja Muhammad Safdar College, Sialkot
oÂ Â Â Â Gujranwala Medical College, Gujranwala
vii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The candidate will have to submit the duly filled application forms by hand alongwith following documents, at the same centre from where he/she received the kit as per the given schedule:
- Attested copy of Matriculation Certificate/Result Card or Equivalent.
- Attested copy of HSSC (FSc Pre-Medical) or Equivalent.
Those awaiting result shall provide the Original â€˜Hope Certificateâ€™ issued by the head of their respective institute or college.
Private candidates improving their HSSC marks this year shall provide anÂ affidavitÂ on Rs.20/- stamp paper (sample available on Educational BlogÂ ).
- Duly filled Admittance Cards (both copies) with two colour photographs (2.5cm x 2.5cm) pasted on both the cards (not to be attested).
- Attested copy of domicile.
- Three colour photographs (3.5cm x 4.5cm) one attested on the front and other two attested on the back.
- Duly filled receipts (in triplicate).
- Foreign students shall submit the attested copy of their foreign passport.
viii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The candidates will collect their Admittance Cards from the same centre on specified date.
i.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The admission process will start in September.
ii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â All those candidates having domicile of Punjab or Federal Capital Area (Islamabad) who will scoreÂ 82 per cent or above aggregate marksÂ (excluding Hifz-e-Quran marks) as per PMDC formula, shall be eligible to apply for admission on Open Merit basis in Public Sector Medical / Dental Colleges of the Punjab.
iii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â As per PMDC Regulation, the aggregate marks will be calculated by adding the marks of a candidate as follows:
Matriculation or equivalent â€“â€“ 10%
HSSC / FSc or equivalent â€“â€“ 40%
UHS Entrance Test 2014 â€“â€“ 50%
The formula for calculation of aggregate score is available on UHS website and Educational BlogÂ
iv.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The aforementioned condition is not applicable to candidates seeking admission against any category of reserved seats (Disabled Students, Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan) who can apply if they fulfill basic eligibility criteria as laid down in the Prospectus and also available on Educational Blog and UHS Site.
v.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â There are 14 seats available on Reciprocal basis for Punjab domiciled candidates in the medical colleges of Balochistan, KPK and Azad Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates applying against open merit seats can exercise their option for these seats as well. No separate application will be invited for these seats.
vi.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The Prospectus and Admission Form will be available, free of cost, at UHS Lahore, Rawalpindi Medical College Rawalpindi and Nishtar Medical College Multan, as per given schedule. The candidates will have to provide the attested copies of their SSC,FSc and Entrance Test result cards and domicile certificate to get the Prospectus and Admission Form.
vii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Duly filled Admission Form, complete in all respect, can be submitted, only by hand, at the same centre from where the Prospectus was received as per given schedule.
viii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Candidates will give their preference for medical and dental colleges in one single Admission Form which once given shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently. An applicant shall not be considered for a college he/she has not named in his/her order of preference. One candidate can only submit one form. There is no need to submit separate forms for MBBS and BDS.
ix.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Muslim Hafiz-e-Quran will be awarded 20 additional marks which will be added to his/her HSSC score, provided that he/she passes the Hifiz-e-Quran Test conducted by the University. To appear in that test, those Huffaz-e-Quran who have an aggregate score of 82% or above marks, will have to get themselves registered for the test at the University as per given schedule. They must bring the original and attested copies of their Matriculation, FSc / HSSC, Entrance Test 2014 result cards, Hifiz-e-Quran Certificate issued by a registered madrassa and Entrance Test Admittance Card at the time of registration and Hifiz-e-Quran Test.
- The candidates must reach their respective centres at-least one hour before the commencement of the Entrance Test on 31st August, 2014. The centres will be sealed / closed at 08:15 A.M. sharp.
- No candidate shall be allowed to sit the Entrance Test without a valid Admittance Card issued by the University. Candidates who fail to collect their Admittance Cards on specified date shall have their candidature revoked.
- No other document (e.g., Birth Certificate, B-Form, etc.) shall be acceptable in lieu of the domicile certificate of the candidate. Any candidate found to have domicile of more than one place shall be disqualified.
- Any candidate found to have submitted forged certificates or fake document at any stage of admission shall be permanently debarred from admission to any medical/dental college.
- Forms once submitted shall not be returned. Incomplete and unsigned forms will be rejected.
- Once the Admission Form is submitted, no revised result card will be acceptable.
- Applications / Forms received through post shall not be entertained. No Application / Form shall be entertained after due date for submission.
- Candidates having foreign qualifications such as A/O Level etc., shall have to provide the Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC.
- Candidates are advised to study the Information Booklet/Prospectus before filling the Application Form or Admission Form respectively.
- Foreign Nationals/Dual Nationals of Pakistani origin, candidates of Sindh, Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, FATA and Gilgit Baltistan should contact their respective Ministries/Nominating Agencies/Admission Boards for admission against seats reserved for them in public sector medical and dental colleges of the Punjab. For more detail visit our website.
MBBS/BDS Admissions 2017 Latest Updates: